Student Scholarship Program
About the Program
The APhA Foundation Student Scholarship Program recognizes students who choose to invest their time in their school’s APhA - ASP chapter to help shape the future of the profession while managing the demands of a full-time pharmacy curriculum. Applicants will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders for the profession of pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in school and community activities and academic performance.
How to Apply
The 2019 APhA Foundation Student Scholarship application cycle is now open! Click here to access the application.
Deadline to apply: December 1st, 2018 by 11:59 PM (PST)
If you have any questions related to student scholarships, please contact Rajan Vaidya, Executive Resident at email@example.com or 202-558-2709.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) for students located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The applicant must show active participation in his or her chapter’s activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
Application Requirements (to be uploaded or added to the submission form)
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current résumé or CV.
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the following topic:
- How has your involvement in APhA-ASP developed you as a leader?
- How will you embrace your calling as a future leader of the profession?
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here: Scholarship Criteria.
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
|2018 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS|
|RECIPIENT||NAMED SCHOLARSHIP||SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF PHARMACY|
|Tolani Adebanjo||Boyle Family Scholarship||University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy|
|Iman Ahmed||Mary Munson Runge Scholarship||Howard University College of Pharmacy|
|Kari Allan||Paul Pumpian Scholarship||Midwestern University College of Pharmacy - Glendale|
|Meredith Frey||APhA Foundation Scholarship||University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Pharmacy|
|Austin Green||Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship||The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy|
|Sara Massey||John A. Gans Scholarship||University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy|
|Colton Radford||Robert D. Gibson Scholarship||Idaho State University College of Pharmacy|
|Anne Stella||Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship||Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Shea Terry||Charles C. Thomas Scholarship||Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy|
|Sarah Wheeler||Gloria Francke Scholarship||The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy|
About the Scholarships
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.
- Paul Pumpian
- Mary Munson Runge
- APhA Foundation/APhA Auxiliary Scholarship
- Charles C. Thomas (Phi Lambda Sigma)