Student Scholarship Program
About the Program
The APhA Foundation Student Scholarship Program recognizes students who choose to invest time into their school’s APhA - ASP chapter to help shape the future of the profession while managing the demands of a full-time pharmacy curriculum. Applicants will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders for the profession of pharmacy, as demonstrated by their involvement in school and community activities, and academic performance.
How to Apply
The 2020 APhA Foundation Student Scholarship application is now closed. The application will re-open in Septemember 2020 and will close December 1, 2020.
If you have any questions related to student scholarships, please contact John Little, Executive Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-558-2709.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) for students located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The applicant must show active participation in his or her chapter’s activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
The following items must be uploaded or added to the submission form:
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current résumé or CV.
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the following topic:
- Being fearlessly authentic means celebrating what makes you unique and using your passions to drive your professional journey as a future pharmacist. Please describe your experience in APhA-ASP and how it has contributed to your unique development as a student pharmacist. How have you served your community and the profession of pharmacy by being fearlessly authentic?
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here: Scholarship Criteria.
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
About the Scholarships
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.
- Paul Pumpian
- Mary Munson Runge
- APhA Foundation/APhA Auxiliary Scholarship
- Charles C. Thomas (Phi Lambda Sigma)
- George F. Archambault
- Colonel Jerry W. Ross
- Hamilton, Harris, Tucker APhA-ASP Chapter President Scholarship
- Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship