Make a One-Time Gift
Student Scholarship Program
About the Program
The APhA Foundation Student Scholarship Program recognizes students who choose to invest their time in their school’s APhA - ASP chapter to help shape the future of the profession while managing the demands of a full-time pharmacy curriculum. Applicants will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders for the profession of pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in school and community activities and academic performance.
How to Apply
The 2017 APhA Foundation Student Scholarship cycle is open until December 1, 2016 11:59 PST. To submit your application, please visit https://apha.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/54.
If you have any questions related to student scholarships, please contact Drew Register, Executive Resident, at email@example.com or 202-429-7503.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The applicant must show active participation in his or her chapter’s activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
Application Requirements (to be uploaded or added to the submission form)
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current résumé or CV.
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the following topic:
- What specifically about your involvement in APhA‐ASP has made you proud to be a student pharmacist and why? How do you feel your involvement in APhA-ASP can be used to improve patient care services in the future?
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here: Scholarship Criteria
Past Scholarship Recipients
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
|2016 Student Scholarship Recipients|
|Recipient||Named Scholarship||School/College of Pharmacy|
|Drew Register||John A. Gans Scholarship||The University of Louisiana at Monroe College of Pharmacy|
|Jenner Minto||Boyle Family Scholarship||The University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy|
|Paria Sanaty Zadeh||APhA Foundation Scholarship||University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy|
|Jennifer Levine||Charles C. Thomas Scholarship||The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy|
|Elissa Lechtenstein||Mary Louise Andersen Scholarship||University of Maryland School of Pharmacy|
|Anjoli Punjabi||Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship||University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy|
|Farima Fakheri Raof||Gloria Francke Scholarship||Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy|
|Susan Lee||Robert D. Gibson Scholarship||Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy|
|Kelsey Japs||George F. Archambault Scholarship||Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Kayla Joyal||Sam Kalman Scholarship||Northeastern University School of Pharmacy|
|Jared Frye||Paul Pumpian Scholarship||Wingate University School of Pharmacy|
|Gina Fu||Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship||Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy|
|Salematou Traore||Mary Munson Runge Scholarship||University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy|
About the Scholarships
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.