Make a One-Time Gift
Student Scholarship Program
About the Program
The APhA Foundation Student Scholarship Program recognizes students who choose to invest their time in their school’s APhA - ASP chapter to help shape the future of the profession while managing the demands of a full-time pharmacy curriculum. Applicants will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders for the profession of pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in school and community activities and academic performance.
How to Apply
The 2017 APhA Foundation Student Scholarship cycle is now closed. The next application cycle will open in the fall of 2017.
If you have any questions related to student scholarships, please contact Jing Wu, Executive Resident at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-429-7503.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The applicant must show active participation in his or her chapter’s activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
Application Requirements (to be uploaded or added to the submission form)
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current résumé or CV.
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the following topic:
- What specifically about your involvement in APhA‐ASP has made you proud to be a student pharmacist and why? How do you feel your involvement in APhA-ASP can be used to improve patient care services in the future?
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here: Scholarship Criteria
Past Scholarship Recipients
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
|2017 Student Scholarship Recipients|
|Recipient||Named Scholarship||School/College of Pharmacy|
|Jordan Long||John A. Gans Scholarship||Cedarville University School of Pharmacy|
|Elizabeth Rodman||Boyle Family Scholarship||University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy|
|Amanda D'Ostroph||APhA Foundation Scholarship||UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Michelle Leatherwood||Charles C. Thomas Scholarship||Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy|
|Ashley Maister||Mary Louise Andersen Scholarship||Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson College of Pharmacy|
|Sarah Schmidt||Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship||North Dakota State University School of Pharmacy|
|Kaitlin Bova||Gloria Francke Scholarship||Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy|
|Kevin Mai||Robert D. Gibson Scholarship||Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy|
|Axel Vazquez-Deida||George F. Archambault Scholarship||University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy|
|Jade Kutzke||Sam Kalman Scholarship||South Dakota State University College of Pharmacy|
|Nancy Moua||Paul Pumpian Scholarship||University of New England College of Pharmacy|
|Evan Colmenares||Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship||UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Aisha Shokoya||Mary Munson Runge Scholarship||Palm Beach Atlantic University Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy|
About the Scholarships
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.