Create a Named Student Scholarship
How to Create a Named Scholarship
The Foundation provides an opportunity both to honor a special individual and to support the development of future leaders in the pharmacy profession through the creation of a named APhA Foundation Student Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients at APhA2023
To establish a named scholarship, please contact email@example.com. A letter of intent should be submitted with a brief biographical sketch/background of the individual(s) and a statement of intent to establish the scholarship.
$25,000: Named scholarships can be created with gifts or pledges starting at $25,000. Each year, a scholarship is awarded until the funds are fully spent. Scholarships will be awarded when 50% of the amount has been received during the next eligible scholarship cycle. Ideally the amount should be paid within two years; if this does not occur, the amount may be transferred to the general scholarship fund. All gifts to the APhA Foundation are tax deductible.
$40,000: Permanent scholarship funds can be established with a gift of $35,000 (the corpus) and a one-time administrative support contribution of $5000, for a total of $40,000. Ideally the amount should be paid within two years; if this does not occur, the amount may be transferred to the general scholarship fund. All gifts to the APhA Foundation are tax deductible.
For each named scholarship that is established, the following recognition will take place:
- Announcements related to the scholarship program will list the named scholarships, including a brief statement to recognize those who created the scholarship if applicable.
- The APhA Foundation will create a biographical sketch, including a photograph for the individual, that will be:
- Posted on the Student Scholarship Section of the Foundation’s website
- Provided to the scholarship recipient for that year
- A national press release will be distributed for each named scholarship when it is established.
- An article announcing the named scholarship will appear in the APhA Foundation E-newsletter.
- A certificate, suitable for framing, will be developed by the APhA Foundation that can be presented to the individual or individual’s family whose name the scholarship bears.