Make a One-Time Gift
ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE: COGNITIVE MEMORY SCREENING AND REFERRAL PROGRAM
The participating pharmacies identified and screened 161 patients with more than one warning sign for AD. The participants were members of the local communities surrounding the two pharmacy locations.
Ten Fred Meyer Pharmacies located in the Portland, Oregon area and two Kerr Drug Pharmacies located in North Carolina served as the study sites for this project. Each had one or more pharmacists on site during screening events. Participating study pharmacists were trained via a live Webinar training program that provided:
- An overview of the APhA Foundation CMSRP Program;
- A clinical update on AD;
- A review of the patient care process;
- A detailed overview of study forms and paperwork;
- Strategies for patient identification;
- Training on the use of memory screening instruments; and
- A protocol review for patient follow-up, data collecting and reporting.