Student Scholarship Program
About the Program
The APhA Foundation Student Scholarship Program recognizes students who choose to invest their time in their school’s APhA - ASP chapter to help shape the future of the profession while managing the demands of a full-time pharmacy curriculum. Applicants will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders for the profession of pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in school and community activities and academic performance.
How to Apply
The 2019 APhA Foundation Student Scholarship application cycle is now closed. Please check back in Fall 2019 for our next cycle.
If you have any questions related to student scholarships, please contact Rajan Vaidya, Executive Resident at email@example.com or 202-558-2709.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) for students located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The applicant must show active participation in his or her chapter’s activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
Application Requirements (to be uploaded or added to the submission form)
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current résumé or CV.
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the following topic:
- How has your involvement in APhA-ASP developed you as a leader?
- How will you embrace your calling as a future leader of the profession?
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here: Scholarship Criteria.
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
|2019 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS|
|RECIPIENT||NAMED SCHOLARSHIP||SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF PHARMACY|
|Danielle Hess||George F. Archambault Scholarship|
|Cortni Hicks||Paul Pumpian Scholarship||University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy|
|Amanda Lim||Robert D. Gibson Scholarship||Bouvé College of Health Sciences at Northeastern University School of Pharmacy|
|Vivian Nguyen||Sam Kalman Scholarship|
|Brett Norvell||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship|
|Myriam Shaw Ojeda||Charles C. Thomas Scholarship|
|Rachel Proteau||Boyle Family Scholarship|
|Charles Summerlin||Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship|
|Dominque Taylor||Mary Munson Runge Scholarship|
|Sydney Tu||Hamilton, Harris, And Tucker APhA-ASP Chapter President Scholarship|
|Spencer Tungate||John A. Gans Scholarship||University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy|
|Presley Whetman||APhA Foundation Scholarship||University of Utah College of Pharmacy|
|Kelsea Zukauckas||Gloria Francke Scholarship|
About the Scholarships
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.
- Paul Pumpian
- Mary Munson Runge
- APhA Foundation/APhA Auxiliary Scholarship
- Charles C. Thomas (Phi Lambda Sigma)