The 2024 Student Scholarship Application will close December 1, 2023.
2023 Student Scholarship Recipients
Click on each recipient's name for a photo and biography.
|2023 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS|
|RECIPIENT||NAMED SCHOLARSHIP||SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF PHARMACY|
|Catherine Palmer||Marvin & Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship||Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions|
|CharLeigh Steverson||Mary Louise Andersen Scholarship||University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy|
|Carmen Yu||Paul Pumpian Scholarship||Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy|
|Allison Eppenauer||Robert D. Gibson Scholarship||University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy|
|Josuah Tilus||Tery Baskin Scholarship||Palm Beach Atlantic University Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy|
|Cristian Rodriquez||Theodore G. Tong Scholarship||Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy|
|Danny Schreiber||Charles C. Thomas Scholarship||University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy|
|Samantha Freiter||Boyle Family Scholarship||University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy|
|Joseph Chen||Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship||University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy|
|Taliesha Hart||Mary Munson Runge Scholarship||Union University College of Pharmacy|
|Michael Nome||Hamilton, Harris, And Tucker APhA-ASP Chapter President Scholarship||University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Pharmacy|
|Angel-Rose Weber||John A. Gans Scholarship||University of Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy and Physician Assistant Studies|
|Ellie Balken||APhA Foundation Scholarship||South Dakota State University College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions|
|Madison Noble||Gloria Francke Scholarship||
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
|Maria Gonzalez||Menighan Leadership Scholarship||
Ferris State University College of Pharmacy
|Shay Roth||Menighan Leadership Scholarship||
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
|Tia Belvin||Natalie Certo Scholarship||
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Ngoc Phuong Mai Le||Elizabeth K. Keyes Scholarship||
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences – Boston
|Rachel Dittrich||Sam Kalman Scholarship||
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy
|Shiyar Kapan||Ton Hoek Scholarship||
Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship (RPIF) Post-Doctoral Fellow in Conjunction with Pfizer Hospital for U.S./Global Medical Affairs
|Lauren Williams||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship||University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy|
|Miao Lai||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship||University of Utah College of Pharmacy|
|Tiffany Dinh||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship||The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy|
|Hanna Rowell||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship||The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Leeann Williamson||Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship||Shenandoah University Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy|
About the Scholarships
General Eligibility Criteria
- Complete at least one academic year in the professional sequence of courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school.
- Be an active member in APhA-ASP for students located in the US and Puerto Rico. The applicant must show participation in his or her chapter's activities but is not required to hold a leadership position.
- Previous APhA Foundation Student Scholarship recipients are not eligible; however, previous applicants that did not receive a scholarship are welcome to reapply.
The following items must be uploaded or added to the submission form:
- An academic transcript in PDF or Word format. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation - one from faculty who can speak to leadership and APhA-ASP involvement, and one from non-faculty who can speak to non-academic strengths. Recommenders should submit the letters directly in OpenWater (application portal) in either .doc or .pdf format.
- Current resume or CV
- A list of pharmacy and non-pharmacy related activities that demonstrate community involvement and skills.
- An essay of no more than 500 words on the designated topic.
- Some scholarships call for additional criteria and requirements. These, along with additional details regarding overall criteria, can be found here.
Click on the name below the image to learn more about each scholarship or donate to a specific scholarship fund.
- Paul Pumpian
- Mary Munson Runge
- APhA Foundation/APhA Auxiliary Scholarship
- Charles C. Thomas (Phi Lambda Sigma)
- George F. Archambault
- Colonel Jerry W. Ross
- Hamilton, Harris, Tucker APhA-ASP Chapter President Scholarship
- Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients