About Us Overview
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation is America’s most trusted source of research demonstrating how pharmacists can improve health care. For over 60 years, we have consistently proven that patient health outcomes are positively impacted by pharmacists.
The APhA Foundation is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization (EIN: 52-6039142) headquartered in Washington, D.C., and is affiliated with the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), the oldest and largest national professional society of pharmacists in the United States established in 1852.
The mission of the APhA Foundation is to improve health by inspiring philanthropy, research and innovation that advances pharmacists’ patient care services. The APhA Foundation looks to create a new medication use system where patients, pharmacists, physicians and other health care professionals collaborate to dramatically improve the cost effectiveness and quality of patient health outcomes.
The APhA Foundation is nationally recognized as a leader in transforming the health care system.
The Foundation values the patient’s central role in all its endeavors. Furthermore, the Foundation recognizes and respects the critical role that pharmacists have in collaboration with other health care providers to assure the best possible health outcomes.
- Innovation: Innovation is the key to breakthrough thinking that leads to dramatic systems improvements.
- Collaboration: Collaboration among all health care stakeholders is essential for improving the patient’s health.
- Respect: Respect for the patient’s role in managing their health is central to care.
- Patient-Centric: Patient-centric care is critical to improving health.
- Evidence-Based: The development and use of the best available evidence guides Foundation initiatives.
- Outcomes-Driven: Outcomes-driven findings lead to improvements that make a difference.
- Pharmacists’ Role: Pharmacists are essential to appropriate, effective and safe medication use.
- Quality: Quality improvement is central to all Foundation activities.
Board of Directors
The APhA Foundation Board consists of a maximum of 15 Directors including seven elected pharmacist Directors, plus up to seven appointed Directors, and the Secretary of the Corporation.
The APhA Foundation consists of four staff members and an Executive Fellow.
Our Refreshed Logo
Check out our newly refreshed logo and the creative process that led to the design.
We are thankful for the generosity and support of the 2017 contributors.
For over 60 years, the APhA Foundation has been successful in recognizing and responding to the changing healthcare needs of the public.
The primary capabilities of the APhA Foundation are Convene, Research and Resources.
View the APhA Foundation bylaws.
Patient Self-Management Solutions
Patient Self-Management Solutions provide an innovative, proven model to improve health outcomes, increase patient satisfaction, and reduce overall cost of care for diabetes patients.