Make a One-Time Gift
The Asheville Project
- An eligible employee is identified to participate as a patient in one or more modules of the program.
- After enrollment with their Human Resources Department, patients are assigned to work with a certified pharmacist care manager.
- Patients are then scheduled to attend the American Diabetes Association (ADA) prescribed educational classes which includes about 9 hours of class time, and their benefit card is activated to waive any co-pays associated with their condition.
- From that point, patients are required to attend regular meetings with their pharmacist, attend regular visits with their treating physician and have labs drawn at regular intervals.
- Employees can participate in more than one module of the program and received waived co-pays for medications related to those conditions.
- All clinical, claims, drug, and humanistic data were tracked by clinicians and researchers.