APhA Foundation PINNACLE AWARDS
Celebrating 25 years of significant contributions to the medication use process
Support for the 2022 Pinnacle Awards Program is provided by Merck.
The Pinnacle Awards, established in 1998 by the APhA Foundation's Quality Center, celebrate significant contributions to the medication use process.
1) Individual Award for Career Achievement: Recognizes individuals whose actions have demonstrated exceptional leadership in enhancing health care quality and medication use.
2) Group Practices, Health Systems, Health Care Corporations: Recognizes a significant scientific contribution and/or quality improvement project.
3) Voluntary Health Agencies, Nonprofit Organizations, Associations, Government Agencies, and Public/Private Partnerships: Recognizes health organizations that assist patients and their caregivers in achieving better outcomes from their medications.
1) A completed nomination form.
- You will be asked to sign in with your APhA member credentials, or non-members can simply make an account by clicking "register" and will subsequently be permitted to access and submit the form.
2) A nomination packet (PDF or Word document; not to exceed 10 pages) that includes the following:
- A brief description of the organization and/or the curriculum vitae of key parties.
- A narrative describing the efforts undertaken to enhance medication use quality, including a description of how the submission fulfills criteria for the award category. When applicable, nominations should present the work using the framework of continuous quality improvement to explain how the project has improved the medication use process.
- Data and other information to document measurable improvements in the medication use process.
- Letters of support, including letters from patients, pharmacists, and/or organizations that are affected by or familiar with the nominee’s efforts.
3) Optional: Up to 10 pages (combined into a single PDF or Word document) of supplemental materials such as letters, articles, and additional data/documents supporting the project’s/individual’s worthiness to receive the award.
Questions about the awards or application process can be sent to Esther Boadi, Executive Fellow, email@example.com.
The APhA Foundation congratulates the recipients of the 2022 Pinnacle Awards!
View past Pinnacle Awards recipients, photos, and information >>