WASHINGTON, DC – The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2020 Student Scholarship Program. Student pharmacists were selected based on their academic accomplishments and for their leadership skills as demonstrated by their active involvement in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP).
This year, the following 19 student pharmacists from pharmacy schools across the country will receive the honor:
- Whitney Dovel – Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy - George F. Archambault Scholarship
- Nhung Nguyen – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science College of Pharmacy - Paul Pumpian Scholarship
- Tessa Schnelle – University of Kansas School of Pharmacy, Lawrence - Robert D. Gibson Scholarship
- Alvin Leung – Pacific University School of Pharmacy - Sam Kalman Scholarship
- Jaspreet Bhullar – Long Island University The Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Charles C. Thomas Scholarship
- Caitlin Keefe – Regis University School of Pharmacy - Boyle Family Scholarship
- Guadalupe Chavez – The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy - Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholarship
- Maliha Tabassum – Long Island University The Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Mary Munson Runge Scholarship
- Maxwell DeNora – West Virginia University School of Pharmacy - Hamilton, Harris, And Tucker APhA-ASP Chapter President Scholarship
- Jonathan Little – The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy - John A. Gans Scholarship
- Clayton Melson – Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy - APhA Foundation Scholarship
- Elizabeth Wandling – Cedarville University School of Pharmacy - Gloria Francke Scholarship
- Savannah Cunningham – Mercer University College of Pharmacy – Theodore G. Tong Scholarship
- Kristie Oh – Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy – Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholarship
- Heather Hembree – University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy - Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
- Kelsey Merlo – University of Utah College of Pharmacy - Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
- Margo Whitehead – Butler University College of Pharmacy - Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
- Kyla Peters – The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy - Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
- Melanie Hunter – University of Utah College of Pharmacy - Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship
Student scholarship recipients help shape the future of the pharmacy profession while managing the demands of a full-time curriculum. To learn more about the scholarship program, please visit www.aphafoundation.org/student-scholarship-program.
About the American Pharmacists Association Foundation
The APhA Foundation, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., is a trusted source of research demonstrating how pharmacists can improve health care. The APhA Foundation’s mission is to improve health by inspiring philanthropy, research, and innovation that advances pharmacists’ patient care services. The APhA Foundation is affiliated with the American Pharmacists Association, the national professional society of pharmacists in the U.S. For more information, please visit the APhA Foundation website www.aphafoundation.org. Follow the APhA Foundation on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.