Scholarship Eligibility & Application Information
The Ton Hoek Scholarship provides an annual $1,000 stipend for a student pharmacist, fellow, resident, or PharmD graduate pursuing graduate studies to attend the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) World Congress. Through participation in FIP Congress, the recipient will learn firsthand about global health issues. The individual will be encouraged to participate in FIP Congress networking opportunities, presentations, poster sessions, and report submissions. Results of this international experience, with the knowledge and relationships developed, will advance the career of participating individuals and further their relationship with FIP.
How to Apply
The APhA Foundation Ton Hoek Scholarship application is now open and will close December 1, 2021 at 11:59pm PDT. Apply here.
This will provide $1,000 for an individual to attend the 2022 International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) World Congress.If you have any questions related to the Ton Hoek Scholarship, please contact Olivia Welter, Executive Fellow at email@example.com or 202-558-2709.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Student pharmacist enrolled in either a fully accredited PharmD program or PharmD program with candidate status
- Students must have completed at least one year in the PharmD degree program curriculum
- PharmD graduate completing a residency or fellowship
- PharmD graduate enrolled full-time in graduate studies
- Must be an active member of APhA
- Active participation in professional organizations/societies encouraged
- Application opens in September, 2021.
- Deadline for application: December 1, 2021 by 11:59pm PDT.
- Applicants will be notified their status in January, 2022.
- Current résumé or CV
- Two letters of recommendation - recommendations will be accepted from any of the following: a present or former employer, preceptor, college faculty, or dean
- Global pharmacy essay
- Please explain how you developed an interest in the global pharmacy community and your future plans to further this interest. Additionally, please describe any activities, projects, or experiences you have already completed to support your global pharmacy interest.
- Additional information available in the application.
About the Ton Hoek Scholarship
The APhA Foundation has established an endowed scholarship to memorialize Mr. A. J. M. (Ton) Hoek’s commitment to the global community of pharmacists. In his role as CEO and General Secretary of FIP, Mr. A. J. M. (Ton) Hoek (1955-2012) built many global relationships in the pharmacist community. His leadership efforts resulted in positive collaboration for FIP, both within pharmacy and at the broader level of world health. The Ton Hoek Endowed Scholarship provides an annual stipend for a student, resident, or graduate pharmacist from the United States to attend the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Congress. This annual stipend supports the student, resident, or graduate pharmacist recipient in FIP Congress attendance expenses.